What a time to be alive! Less than ten years ago we had to wait until the latest issue of Motor Trend or Car & Driver to hit newsstands to even get a peek at the new cars coming out. Sometimes we even had to wait until the car hit TV commercials when it was already on sale! But not anymore. Now, just as with movies, we get teaser images, teaser trailers, spy photos, official release photos, AND a full blown “hype” video. Now, being the huge McLaren fanboy that I am, you can bet I was impatiently awaiting the newly announced 600LT!
First, check out the video below (specifically the 50 second mark):
It shoots flames out the top!
The newly revealed McLaren 600LT is said to be McLaren’s “Fastest, most extreme road-legal Sports Series yet”. That means possibly faster than the previous LT (Long Tail), the 675LT, and maybe even a strong competitor for its current big brother, the 720S! And although it has a plethora of upgrades compared to its twin the 570S, which I will list below, I think we can all agree that the top mounted exhaust is by far the coolest.
Fast Facts (there will be decimals):
- 23% of the 600LT is not shared with the 570S
- Some pieces from the 720S are inherited such as the forged aluminum double-wishbone suspension and lightweight braking system
- 2749.2 lb curb weight (211.6 lbs lighter than 570S)
- The 3.8 liter twin turbo V8 now produces 592 hp and 457 lb-ft of torque
- LT = Long Tail. The 600LT is 2.9 inches longer than the 570S
- New front splitter, rear diffuser, and a fixed rear ring.
- Red Alcantara interior
- Carbon fiber anywhere they could use it