Despite bottlenecked production lines for the highly anticipated Model 3, Tesla managed to announce two new vehicles on November 16, 2017 in Los Angeles. First Elon Musk brought out the long awaited semi truck which shocked the world with it’s statistics. Then he brought out another surprise, a fully remodeled, all new roadster. Both look fantastic and sound incredible, but will the slow-to-market company be able to pull it off? Here are some fast facts and photos of the Tesla Semi Truck and Tesla Roadster.
2020 Tesla Semi Truck
- 0-60 mph with no load in 5 seconds.
- 0-60 mph with 80,000 lb load in 20 seconds.
- Consumes less than 2 kWh per mile.
- .36 drag coeficient
- Range is 300 – 500 miles
- You can reserve now and it is said to be available in 2019
2020 Tesla Roadster
- 0-60 mph in 1.9 seconds (base).
- 250+ mph top speed (base).
- 620 mile range (base).
- Price starts at $200,000.
- Can reserve now for $50,000.
- Can reserve “Founders Series” for full price of $250,000.
Both vehicles are expected to be available in 2019 as 2020 models. Elon Musk has also tweeted that Tesla has shifted all manufacturing to assembling Model 3s and building more batteries. Hopefully the demand for those can be met before these two new vehicles hit showroom floors in 2019. What are your thoughts?