If you have to ask why the word “Bullitt” is at the end of this Mustang model designation, and you didn’t find this website by accident, you should leave now. Now that the noobs are gone, we are excited to say we got to see the original 1968 Mustang from Steve McQueen’s most popular 1968 movie “Bullitt” up close at the 2018 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS)! And right next to it was a 50th anniversary tribute to one of the most famous cars in cinema. Here are the fast facts on the 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt.
- Built on the Mustang GT Premium w/ Performance Package
- Additional upgrades include: Brembo brakes, Torsen LSD, larger anti-roll bar, larger radiator
- Tuned 5.0 liter GT engine now producing 475 horsepower
- No badging except circular “Bullitt” logo on trunk
- New take on “Highland Green”, the original 1968’s color
- Also available in “Shadow Black”
- Interior includes green stitching, white “cueball” shift knob, and a unique graphic during the infotainment screen’s “welcome”.