America is long overdue for a limited run of a Japanese sports car that doesn’t primarily include a unique paint job and wheels. The 2019 Subaru WRX STI S209 is real, comes with more power and aerodynamics, and it’s ONLY coming to America.
We got to check out the reveal at the 2019 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) and the S209 did not disappoint. Here are the updates made to the standard STI and some pictures:
- Basically the same 2.5 liter Boxer engine with a new turbo now putting down 341 horsepower.
- New under the hood: Forged pistons and connecting rods, intake, fuel pump, and injectors.
- Water spray system to cool the intercooler. (Operated by a paddle on the steering wheel.)
- Still comes with a 6-speed manual, but the drive modes and differential have been tuned.
- Fender flares make the car 1.7 inches wider which allows for 265 mm tires.
- 19×9″ gold BBS wheels
- Bilstein shocks, stiffer suspension, more bracing underneath
- Brembo 6-piston calipers
- Carbon fiber wing, carbon fiber roof, more aggressive and aerodynamic front and rear bumpers.
- Two color combos: Crystal White Pearl w/ Gold BBS wheels and WR Blue Mica with silver BBS wheels.
- Price anywhere between $50,000 and $60,000
- 200 units total for U.S.A. only!