After almost three months of teasing us, Dodge had finally (fully) revealed their 2018 Challenger SRT Demon (2018 Dodge Demon for short) last week. And after expecting to wait at least 6 more months to see them on the road, we spot a test mule today on the streets of Detroit, Michigan. And it comes in blue.
Since you can go to pretty much any automotive website on the internet to get the full list of specs, here are just some fast facts about the upcoming Demon.
- Highest horsepower of any V8 production car; 840 to be exact.
- First production car to actually be able to do a wheelie! (don’t try that at home.)
- World’s fastest 0-60. It’s by milliseconds, but they count it!
- World’s fastest quarter mile time: 9.65 seconds @ 140.09 mph.
- Comes with two skinny front racing wheels in the trunk for the drag strip.
Only 3000 Demons are being made and pricing will likely be a lot more than the current highest horsepower V8, also owned by Dodge, the Hellcat. I expect MSRP to land close to $100,000 because of the Demon’s novelty and limited numbers, but good luck convincing a dealership to give it to you for that!
[…] Spotted! 2018 Dodge Demon […]